I made a few cards for Christmas. Most of these are going to family members with whom we don't exchange gifts. Other years I've made a stitched ornament to tuck into their cards but thought I they might like a change this year. Perhaps I should stick with ornies. I couldn't resist showing off the hedgehog ornie - he is so cute!
This fella was late for the photo shoot ... he's one of Lynn Brown's designs.
Years ago I always used to sign and date my x-stitch pieces but learned that dating them wasn't always such a good idea. I stitched this one way back in 1990 - that's .... well, you can do the math! It was a kit that I received as a gift and I had no idea how I wanted to finish it so I rolled it up in tissue and set it aside. After a few long distance moves I've been sorting and downsizing my 'junque' and in doing so I came across it - no longer rolled but totally flattened and badly creased ..... at least now I know what I did with it. I decided to make it into a cushion cover and with the assistance of my colour coordinator (the man of the house) we auditioned several fabrics and this is what we came up with. We were both pleased with how it turned out.
As I mentioned the stitched piece was badly creased so I used a wee bit of persuasion and look what happened ..... Yep, the red in 'Greetings' ran - curious that only the thread in that one spot ran. Well, it is what it is.
I made an envelope opening, my favourite, for the back from sheeting and stitched the edges of the opening with a stitch that looks like snowflakes, which is hard to see in the photo.
I'm not sure if this still qualifies as a WIP, UFO or