Thursday, February 11, 2016

my funny valentine .....

It's been an interesting week with some very bad news, some discouraging/disappointing news and some good news - kinda balanced out.  Bad news usually comes in threes so it was a nice change that it didn't happen that way.  We also celebrated my fella's birthday and our team won the Super Bowl.  We celebrated Chinese New Year with a delicious stir fry, Shrove Tuesday with latkes (potato pancakes) and removed 3" of fresh snow mid week.  The highlight of the week was a long phone conversation with our son who lives in France.




This is my funny valentine ..... 



for my funny valentine fella.  ^^

The design is from here

 

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a sweet piece, I do love sayings.
I hope the news is not too bad.

Debbie

Needled Mom said...

The bad news always makes you appreciate the good news even more.

Your stitchery is so sweet.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Valentine stitch. Hope all is well.

Mii Stitch said...

I already saw this design finished on another blog :)
I like yours too, it's really pretty!

Robin in Virginia said...

I really like your Valentine for your fella, Kate. Thank you for the link! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Carol said...

Oh, such a sweet finish--just love it, Kate :) Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day!

Ana Love Craft said...

Your Valentine is too sweet, Kate!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Brigitte said...

Good to know that there good news balanced out the bad one.
Wonderful little Valentine stitching.

Anthea said...

Yay for the birthday & the Superbowl... I'm sorry to hear of bad news... I hope things look up from here? Lovely stitched sentiment

Timi said...

Oh, it's so cute!
I didn't have a good week, too.. I got sick... but now I feel better, so I hope this week will be better :o)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Very cute design for Valentine's Day. Hope the bad news was only a short term thing and the good news lasts for longer!